The Sunshine Coast Regional Economic Development Organization (SCREDO) is excited to announce that we are looking for a Research Assistant to join our team for a part-time six month contract position, with the possibility of extension based on project needs.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong organizational abilities, a keen eye for detail, and a genuine passion for community and economic development. Reporting to the Small Business Programs Manager, you will play a crucial role in supporting the project’s main objective to create a Sector Development Strategy which will serve as a roadmap for the short- and long-term economic growth of the Livelihood Entrepreneur sector on the Sunshine Coast. You should be motivated, self-directed, and able to work collaboratively in a team environment. Excellent research, analytical and communication skills are a must, as you will be conducting literature reviews, gathering data and actively contributing to the development and drafting of the Sector Development Strategy.
SCREDO is committed to creating a just, equitable, diverse, and inclusive economy for all. We believe that community economic development is demonstrated through rich and deeply rooted experiences and collaborations with diverse groups. We strongly encourage racialized, Indigenous, and LGBTQAI2+ people to apply for the role.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Evaluate the impact of four regional government policy frameworks, municipal infrastructure, and land-use regulations that affect Livelihood Entrepreneurs, and identify potential areas for improvement
- Engage in comprehensive research and analysis to gain insights into best practices, emerging trends, and opportunities that relate to Livelihood Entrepreneurs
- Conduct literature reviews and review relevant case studies to identify successful strategies and approaches implemented to support Livelihood Entrepreneurs in other regions
- Identify innovative models and approaches utilized by Livelihood Entrepreneurs to overcome challenges, expand their businesses, and achieve sustainable growth
- Analyze data and information gathered to extract key findings and generate actionable recommendations for the project
- Develop and draft the Sector Development Strategy in collaboration with the project committee and other key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as business, economics, community development, or a related discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Strong research and analytical skills with the ability to conduct literature reviews and summarize key findings
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with a particular emphasis on report copywriting preferred
- Knowledge of economic development principles and familiarity with entrepreneurship and small business development is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the creation of a more diverse, vibrant and inclusive local economy on the Sunshine Coast. If you are enthusiastic about supporting the growth of Livelihood Entrepreneurs and making a positive impact in the community, we encourage you to apply for this 10-15 hr/week six month contract position for $30/hour. Please forward a letter of introduction and a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by June 20, 2023.