The Sunshine Coast is now a Featured Region on BC Marketplace!
The Sunshine Coast Regional Economic Development Organization and Small Business BC have created a new partnership aimed at promoting and increasing the visibility of small businesses on the Sunshine Coast.
BC Marketplace is an initiative that supports local businesses by helping consumers shop a little closer to home – right here on the Sunshine Coast. With more than 3,000 businesses throughout BC taking part, the BC Marketplace connects local businesses with customers across the province who want to shop products and services that are proudly BC! Shoppers are able to discover the products and services they need, right in their own community. Businesses are searchable by industry, region and city, as well as keywords, so it takes no time to find exactly what you’re looking for.
The Sunshine Coast Economic Development Organization will be working to promote the brand new Sunshine Coast Marketplace, customized by BC Marketplace to feature local businesses. We will be encouraging our community to visit our marketplace and for our members to create a business profile; it’s simple, free and helps businesses get exposure to new audiences.
As well as being an online hub to shop local, the BC Marketplace provides small business owners with the opportunity to:
- Get Online with a free business profile, that’s easy to create and allows customers to access their business information 24/7.
- Be Discovered with search options on the BC Marketplace like city, product, service or industry.
- Boost Brand Awareness with improved SEO by being listed on a trusted site, with a direct link to your website and social media.
- Expand Market Reach by going beyond the local community and selling to customers BC-wide who want to support local.
- Gain Credibility by being listed on the BC Marketplace, supported Small Business BC, Province of B.C. and the Government of Canada.
Visit the BC Marketplace and start exploring local businesses at marketplacebc.ca