SCREDO is pleased to announce they are searching for a Small Business Program Manager to fulfill a one-year contract.
The ideal candidate will thrive on the effective delivery of accountable, responsive, and innovative projects. Reporting to the Executive Director, you will support small businesses on the Southern Sunshine Coast through implementation of key activities in the regional economic recovery strategy, strengthening community by championing equity, excellence, and resilience. You will elevate the profile of Sunshine Coast businesses and entrepreneurs to customers and the general public by carrying-out consumer campaigns and regional marketing initiatives.
With a solid background in small business entrepreneurship, communications and project management you will provide the expertise and leadership to successfully implement proactive small business development strategies.
SCREDO is committed to creating a just, equitable, diverse, and inclusive economy for all. We believe that community economic development is demonstrated through rich and deeply rooted experiences and collaborations with diverse groups. We strongly encourage racialized, Indigenous, and LGBTQAI2+ people to apply for the role.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Oversight and management of the Sunshine Coast Business Recovery Centre (SCBRC) including communications, new projects and collaborations
- Responsible for managing inbound inquiries, onboarding new contacts, referrals, network navigation and relationship management
- Connect local businesses and entrepreneurs to capacity-building programs, expert advise and institutional support
- Proactively engage with local businesses to gather data, identify market trends and solicit feedback for program development
- Create and distribute a monthly newsletter featuring activities and opportunities for small business leaders
- Development and advancement of local consumer campaigns and regional partnerships including LOCOBC, Small Business BC and Support Local BC
- Serve as a small business liaison engaging with and supporting popular community events, markets and festivals
- Collect and disseminate information through the management and expansion of the Coastal Business Registry
- Assisting with other SCREDO projects and priorities as needed; areas of practice include social enterprise and procurement, sustainable growth, indigenomics, investment attraction, Canada’s blue economy, and advancing the ‘Principles of a Just Recovery’
Preferred Education, Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
You have a Business Degree with a specialization in business management, small business and entrepreneurship, or commerce (or equivalent education and business-related experience). Demonstrated experience in marketing and project management is required as is experience in working with entrepreneurs, professional groups and service providers. You have excellent customer service skills – you are a strong communicator, you are comfortable with public speaking, and you have an ability to be organized and detailed.
This is a fantastic opportunity to serve as a role model in a respected organization with strong community ties and values. SCREDO offers a value driven work environment, the opportunity to make an impact, and the chance to make this role your own.
This is a contract position with a one-year service delivery agreement for $55,000. Our goal is to offer as much flexibility as possible to support individual work styles, balancing business needs with trust in your ability to shape the work yourself to achieve the best possible results.
If you call the southern Sunshine Coast home and if you possess the necessary qualifications and skills, please forward a letter of introduction and a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 18, 2021.
FINAL_Small Business Program Manager Job Posting SCREDO